The Monicatti name has been associated directly with the Automotive industry for nearly a century, approaching nearly 100 years within the Metro Detroit area. Starting with a small dealer located in Detroit back in the 1930’s where the Monicatti name started, leading into their second location where they mostly fixed small engines, snowmobiles and boat motors. Then from there began selling the Chrysler brand, previously located on Auburn Rd. (corner of Ryan) in Shelby Township. Eventually the Monicatti name blossomed into a flagship Chrysler/Jeep store, located in Sterling Heights on Van Dyke opening its doors back in 1978. The 30,000 square foot location was considered state of the art at the time, until doors were forcibly closed in 2009 accompanying 1800 more Chrysler/Jeep franchises.